‘I Did It’ Felon Admits To Unprovoked Shooting of Pregnant Woman

In a tragic development, recently released court documents have revealed shocking details about a shooting incident in Seattle that resulted in the death of a pregnant woman. The unprovoked act was carried out by Cordell Maurice Goosby, a 30-year-old convicted felon with a history of mental health problems. Goosby allegedly approached the victim’s vehicle and heartlessly fired four shots at the 34-year-old pregnant woman, ultimately claiming her life, including a fatal shot to the head. Disturbingly, the victim, Eina Kwon, was already 32 weeks pregnant at the time.

Despite the efforts of medical professionals, the baby could not be saved. The victim was rushed to Harborview Medical Center, where an emergency surgery was performed to deliver the child, but tragically, it passed away shortly afterward. The victim’s husband, Sung Kwon, who was also present during the shooting, sustained a gunshot wound to the arm but is expected to recover. The couple owned a local sushi restaurant called Aburiya Bento House.

Investigations into Goosby revealed that he is a Washington state resident with a previous felony record in Illinois. He is accused of using a stolen 9mm handgun in the shooting. Goosby confessed to the crime upon his arrest, stating, “I did it.”

The King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has brought multiple charges against Goosby, including Murder in the First Degree, Assault in the First Degree, and Unlawful Possession of a Firearm in the Second Degree. In a court hearing held on Wednesday, there was enough evidence to continue detaining Goosby, with the next hearing scheduled for Friday.

The incident occurred on Tuesday morning when Seattle Police received reports of gunfire directed at a vehicle in downtown Seattle. Responding officers found a white Tesla riddled with bullet holes and discovered the wounded victims inside. Witnesses provided crucial information that led to the swift arrest of the suspect, and a firearm believed to be the weapon used in the crime was recovered.