In an update to the Pence home raid, Fox has reported that the raid lasted five hours and only one additional document was found. The document was marked classified and was with six additional pages that were not marked classified.
According to Fox,
“Following the discovery and disclosure of a small number of potentially classified documents that had inadvertently been transported to his home in Indiana, Vice President Pence and his legal team have fully cooperated with the appropriate authorities and agreed to a consensual search of his residence that took place today,” Pence adviser Devin O’Malley told Fox News Digital.
“The Department of Justice completed a thorough and unrestricted search of five hours and removed one document with classified markings and six additional pages without such markings that were not discovered in the initial review by the vice president’s counsel,” O’Malley continued.
Pence is currently on the West Coast with his family after his daughter had a baby, according to his spokesperson. A private attorney for Pence is at the Indiana house while the search is underway, the spokesperson added.
The FBI is also expected to search Pence’s office in Washington, DC, in the coming days, sources told CNN.
On Thursday, Pence was subpoenaed by special counsel Jack Smith, who is investigating former President Donald Trump and his role in the January 6, 2021, insurrection.
The search comes after the FBI and the Justice Department’s National Security Division launched a review of the documents and how they ended up in Pence’s house. It is not yet clear what the documents are related to or their level of sensitivity or classification.
With the Justice Department already having tapped two special counsels for an investigation into both former President Donald Trump as well as President Joe Biden for their handling of classified documents, now, another name joins that list as classified documents have been found in the home of former Vice President Mike Pence.
The discovery comes as Pence’s lawyer is reported to have found roughly a dozen documents marked as classified in his Camel, Indiana home last week. These documents date back to his time as Vice President from 2016 up until 2020.
According to CNN, a search of Pence’s Indiana home, as well as his office at Advancing American Freedom. a political advocacy group, have already been conducted.
There were files not believed to be classified or sensitive information retrieved from Pence’s home by the FBI. Nothing with any classified markings were found at his Advancing American Freedom office.
Pence has turned over the documents since their discovery on January 16, and informed the National Archives about the discovery on January 18. As per standard procedure, the National Archives has informed the FBI.
On January 19th, after Pence had put the classified documents into a safe, they were retrieved from his home.
Today, the former Vice President informed Congress about the discovery of classified documents from last week.
Looks like the government is on another crusade. When is it Obama’s turn? Or does he need more time to remove them? Another farce. We could hire Hollywood actors to do this.
Flush the criminal, inept, unconstitutional FBI!