An organizer for the antigun group “March for our Lives” has left the group. The Free Beacon reports:
An organizer of the March for Our Lives said during an interview Wednesday that he has left the group’s board and expressed regret for what he says are past mistakes. Cameron Kasky, who survived the February shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida, spoke to Fox News’ Guy Benson and Marie Harf about his activism and next steps.
Benson and Harf inquired asked Kasky about when he went after Sen. Marco Rubio (R., Fla.) at a town hall earlier this year. Kasky told Rubio it was hard to look at him “without looking down the barrel of an AR-15,” after Rubio said he would continue to accept money from the NRA.
“I’m very regretful of a lot of the mistakes that I’ve made along the way. One of the things I never really did was watch myself,” Kasky told Benson and Harf. “But, I look back on that and I say, you know what, there were people who had just been buried and when you’re looking at somebody that you find might in some way have been complicit in this murderer obtaining the weapon, it’s hard not to say something like that.”
“But, I went into that [town hall] wanting less conversation and more to embarrass Rubio, and that was my biggest flaw,” Kasky continued. He added he did not regret trying to put Rubio “on the spot,” but that he would change how he questioned the senator.
This is a step in the right direction for Kasky, who seeks to better understand the point of view of pro gun people instead of vilifying them.